About Me

My photo
A "doctor in the making" who wants to venture out on everything. Life is too short to be confined within your reach. Aim higher, dream bigger.. So that everything won't be put into waste..

Friday, December 24, 2010

You Had Me With Your Steak, 7 Corners!


My Kuya celebrated his 29th birthday at 7 Corners, Crowne Plaza. The buffet was from 6-10 pm. Unfortunately, due to heavy traffic on a Friday night, we were stocked up in a bumper to bumper situation and was late for an hour. Good thing though, my Mom had an early reservation so we didn't have to wait in line for our turn to be seated.

Excited to eat

Seven Corners was named as such in representation of the seven stations found in the buffet. The moment we had our place, even though it was just a minute passed after we've seated, we immediately headed on to the buffet table. My first stop was the Japanese section. They had a variety of maki, sushi and of course they wouldn't fore go offering tempura. Of all the dish served there was this teeny tiny maki that really made a mark on me, because it was extremely hot, with a capital "H". It seemed like my tongue was really blazed on fire. This prompted me to cool down a bit and headed to the salad bar section (dessert on the early part of the dinner?). Their salad section was limited but I may say, their dressings were the ones that pulled it off.

The maki with orange seasoning was the one I'm referring to as HOT!

Fruits

After which, I headed to the Italian section where they cater a " do it yourself" pizza. After getting a slice of it, I also grabbed a bread as a compliment which was next to the pizza station.

Next, I tried their dessert section that offered home made ice cream with assorted toppings to choose from. I would love to try some of their cakes but sadly, some of it was serve only on an "a la carte basis".

My homemade ice cream. My buko pandan dessert is also seen.

The moment I felt I was ready for another gastronomic battle, I headed to the seafood area where they had crabs, mussels, oysters and clams awaiting to be exhausted. I also steered my way to the table of Thai entrees where they offered different viands of flavorful concoction of spices that zested up the lamb chops, chevon, beef and pork.


BF's foodams

But, the highlight of the night in my own opinion, was the US prime rib steak that was served at one corner of the buffet. We directed the chef as to the way we wanted it to be cooked. After how many minutes of waiting, the smoking meat alas caught my attention. It was so big, that the steak alone had already made our money worth it. If only I could squeeze in more in my tummy, I could have ordered, another slice of steak. Nonetheless, that one prime rib steak already satisfied my hungry palate.


The king of the night: US Prime Rib Steak

All in all, Seven Corners didn't claim the grandeur of being the biggest amongst the list of buffet here in our country but the taste and the choices of food is more than enough to claim being one of the best buffets in the metro.


Satisfied birthday celebrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...